This recipe for low-carb Korean beef bowl is budget-friendly, easy to make, quick to the table, and absolutely delicious. It’s low-carb and keto-friendly.
You can easily make it paleo by using coconut aminos, or simply keep it gluten-free with Tamari soy sauce. I’ve made it with both!
[sc name=”Low Carb Korean Beef Bowl Quick Links”]
You can mix and match with the ingredients you have handy, and use chicken, pork, or lamb mince instead. This would also taste really lovely over a plate of zucchini noodles made with a spiralizer, or simple stir-fried veggies.
I also like to add some sliced cucumbers on the side for some extra crunch and coolness.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- ½ long red chilli, sliced
- 1 medium celery stick, diced
- 400 g / 0.8 lb grass-fed ground beef mince
- 2 tablespoons Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos for soy-free version
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1½ teaspoon coconut sugar, honey, or ethyritol ‘sugar powder for keto version
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Chopped spring onions/scallions, for garnish
- 250-300 g / 0.5 lb cauliflower (1/2 medium head) florets finely diced into rice-like kernels - you can use a food processor for this
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, butter or ghee
- Pinch of salt
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli, and celery and sauté for 30 seconds, then add the ground beef. Cook for 6 minutes over medium-high heat, breaking the meat apart with a spatula in the first couple of minutes. Then leave the beef to brown off and only stir once or twice.
- Combine Tamari (or coconut aminos), fish sauce, sweetener of choice, sesame oil, tomato paste, and lime juice in a bowl and whisk together. After 6-7 minutes, once the beef has started to brown slightly, add the sauces to the beef and stir through for another minute. Finally, sprinkle in the sesame seeds and stir through.
- While the beef is cooking, heat the oil or butter in another pot over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower rice and salt and stir through for 1-2 minute, until slightly softened.
- Serve the beef over cauliflower rice, topped with some chopped spring onions.
Make it tonight!
Music, mountains, dogs, travel, food and friends.