It’s that time of year again, so I thought I’d share five really obvious wellness-themed New Year’s resolutions that you might consider adding to your list (this is basically my own list).
Of course, these are probably already on your list, and that’s my tongue-in-cheek point – let’s see if we can actually adhere to them this year!!
These are all easy to say, but very hard to stick to:
- Get more exercise: Make a commitment to incorporate more physical activity into your daily routine. This could mean setting a goal to go for a walk or run a certain number of times per week, joining a gym or fitness class, or simply taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Eat a healthier diet: Resolve to make healthier food choices, whether it’s by eating more fruits and vegetables, cutting back on processed and sugary foods, or trying out a new healthy recipe each week.
- Reduce stress: Make a commitment to reduce stress in your life, whether it’s by finding ways to manage your time more effectively, practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation, or simply taking more time for yourself.
- Get more sleep: Make a commitment to prioritize sleep and establish a consistent sleep schedule. This might involve setting a bedtime and wake-up time and creating a relaxing bedtime routine, or making changes to your sleep environment to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Practice self-care: Make a commitment to prioritize self-care, whether it’s by setting aside time for activities that bring you joy, finding ways to relax and de-stress, or simply taking care of your physical and mental health needs.
So, how many will you still be doing in 3 months time?
Lauren Gamble is an author, mompreneur, co-founder of Naturally Made Essentials. She is on a mission to help thousands of women across the world achieve a healthy, happy lifestyle through teaching natural health practices.